Last Modified: [June 25, 2019]
Hive80™ DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL SERVICES OR ADVICE, INCLUDING VIA OUR WEBSITE, AND WILL NOT PROVIDE ANY SERVICES FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCIES OR URGENT SITUATIONS. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR 911 IMMEDIATELY.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT:
- ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT YOU POST ON OUR WEBSITE WILL BECOME PUBLIC;
- YOU HAVE THE LEGAL AUTHORITY TO POST SUCH INFORMATION OR CONTENT AND YOU WILL NOT POST ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT WITHOUT SUCH AUTHORITY; AND
Description of Hive80™
You understand and agree that the Website is an online community for the exchange of health and welfare information, and that Hive80™ makes no representations or guarantees regarding any of the information found on the Website. Any information located on or submitted to the Website is or will become public.
Hive80™ does not provide any medical services or advice, including via the Website. The Website is not a substitute for a doctor-patient relationship. You should contact an appropriate health care provider for specific medical advice and/or care.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
- Information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Other information identified in this policy.
We collect this information:
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website (e.g., usage details, IP address, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies).
Information You Give to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that we collect when you browse our Website. Even without creating an account, we still collect from you some of the information described in the “Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It” section.
- Information that you provide on our Website.
- This includes information provided when you sign in or register for an account for the Website. However, this does not include information or content that you post on the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us, such as when you report a problem with our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect About You.
As with many other websites, as you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, host domain, and browser type.
- Details of referring websites (URL). We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically includes statistical data and may also include personal information. We may also maintain it or associate it with personal information you provide to us or that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
As with many other websites, our Website may use “cookies” or other technologies to help us deliver content specific to your interests, to process your requests, and/or to analyze your visiting patterns. We may collect the following types of information about your visit including: the domain from which you access the Internet; IP address; operating system and information about the device or browser used when visiting the Website; date and time of your visit; content you visited; general location; and website (such as google.com or bing.com) and website referral source (email notice or social media site) that connected you to the Website. Our Website uses two types of cookies: single-session (temporary) and multi-session (persistent). Temporary cookies last only as long as your web browser is open, and are used for technical purposes such as enabling better navigation through our Website. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer for longer periods and are used for purposes including tracking the number of unique visitors to our Website and information such as the number of views a page gets, how much time a user spends on a page, and other pertinent web statistics. Cookies, by themselves, will not be used by Hive80™ to disclose your individual identity. This information identifies your browser, but not you, to our servers when you use the Website. We do not respond to “do not track” signals in your browser. We may also collect data by using “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “pixel tags”) that allow us to know when you visit our Website. Through pixel tags, we obtain non-personal information or aggregate information that can be used to enhance your online experience and understand traffic patterns.
Information We Receive From Other Sources.
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or other services we provide. We sometimes work with third parties and they sometimes provide information about you. We obtain information from such third parties with whom we work to provide you with services (including, for example, sub-contractors, analytics providers, and search information providers).
In addition, we may use third-party providers to serve or track interactions on other websites. You may link to or access our Website using other third-party websites. Use of such third-party websites is subject to the terms of service and privacy policies of those third parties. Hive80™ does not control the use of this technology or the resulting information and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information collected about you, including personal information, in the following ways:
- To complete any registration or other transactions or actions you request online.
- To communicate with you about the Website.
- To identify and deliver content to you or to others.
- To operate the Website and perform any services associated with the Website.
- To provide you with information that you have requested or to respond to your inquiries.
- To carry out our services and to provide you with information, products, and services that you request from us.
- To determine eligibility for registration, use, other benefits.
- To provide you with technical support and to improve our Website, products, and services.
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website (when you choose to do so), and as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of communications we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant communications to you and to provide you with communications from Hive80™, surveys, newsletters, and other information.
- To enhance the safety and security or performance of our products and services. This includes verifying your identity, preventing or detecting fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activities.
- To design, develop, and notify you of new features, products, and services.
- To promote and market third-party products, services and special offers that we think may be of interest to you.
- In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, personal information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- To notify you about changes to the Website.
- For any purpose where you have given your consent (where legally required).
- To comply with applicable federal and state law.
- Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We collect and store user information and data. You agree that we may use and disclose information and data you provide to: (i) conduct research or analyses of such data, generate reports, and provide such reports to third parties; and (ii) design, develop, implement, modify and/or improve new, current or future features, products and services of Hive80™ using such data. Further, you agree that we may aggregate and/or anonymize such data and sell it to third parties, provided that such information does not include any data that would identify you.
- To service providers that assist us in the maintenance, improvement, and optimization of our Website, such as:
- Providers that help us run and maintain the technology and security infrastructure that support our Website.
- To Hive80™’s employees, or other third parties who provide services to Hive80™.
- To our affiliates and their employees.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you sign up for certain services, we may share your information in order to provide those services.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with applicable law.
- For any purpose related to our use of information as set forth in Section IV.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your information:
- Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals as we do not track our users across third-party websites.
- Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to reasonably secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
- Third-Party Websites
Children Under the Age of 18
In general, our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and Hive80™ does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children under the age of 18. No one under the age of 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. By using the Website, you confirm that you are not under the age of 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will make reasonable efforts to delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us at the address provided in Section XI below.